Here’s our version of the classic tortilla soup. We use the spice blend of our award winning enchilada sauce for that unmistakable Tex-Mex flavor. Jalapeno peppers add just a little heat to this classic.
What you’ll need (for our favorite version):
- Two medium chicken breasts (1/2 to 3/4 lb.) You can even use shredded leftover chicken
- One can of tomatoes with green chilies. You can substitute a can of chopped tomatoes or even a couple of fresh ones (won’t be as spicy)
- One can of corn (optional)
- Sprinkling of grated cheese (cheddar or Monterey Jack)
- Tortilla strips or crunched corn chips